Thursday 3 April 2008

LOVERS 'N' FRIENDS?? I guess not

Haven't really updated in a while 'cos i've just been depressd n smwhat lonely: the kind of depression whereby i'm surrounded by people but still feel all alone. But im okay now, my very good friend 'Oremi' came to sleep-over in my dulling hostel nd we jisted the nite away.


Back to the main topic tho, there's this guy friend of mine(lets jst call him MC for short) whos had a thing for me for a year or so. MC nd i belong to the same clique 'sort-of' of which im d only girl nd derz like 4 boys. (i hv quite a number of male friends even more dan female). Mc and i hv been friends since high school bt we neva really talked much until we got into the same class in uni. (Un)fortunately, i changed courses but we still remained friends


However, all the drama started when i found out/ he said, he sorta had a thing for me. Doing what i know how to do best, i shoved it aside and paid him no mind. I kept on lyk he hadn't said anything and then gradually, it died down. We still chilled together n hung out normally. However, after a while he continued sayin it n actin al touchy/clingy....


Then one day, i mistakenly opened my big mouth and told my cousin(who i thought i could trust) that i don't like him and that he was acting all clingy. I also mentioned that i hoped he wouldnt act all clingy at the party(mentioned in the prev. post) which we were all sppsd to go for. At the party however, i noticed that he was 'sort-of' avoiding me, bt i didn't think much of it.


A few days later, i had anoda friend 'O' whose also part of d clique come chill with me for a bit.. O and i go wayyyyy back; there's almost nothing he doesnt tell me. In the course of our discussion, he told me that my cuz had told MC or rather adviced him(in her own words) not to be clingy; which explains why he was behaving funny. Any reasonable person, would've forsee that Mc would automatically assume that what she was saying was a reflection of what i had told her. I'm nt denying the fact that i said anything, but....


Of which while O was telling me this, cousin hppnd to be in d same vicinity(a friend was hvin a lil' barbecue). I was so furious that i had to call her to ask what purpose she sought to achieve by telling MC what i had said. Nyhw sha, with the way she explained herself i felt bad that maybe i had jumped into conclusions and had assumed she said something she hadn't.
However, i now feel differently about the part she had to play in this whole thing, and i still think she had no right to say anything either expressly or impliedly to Mc. All she succeeded in doing was dividing the whole clique into bits and pieces.


Mc's really mad at O for telling me what cousin had told him. The general belief is that what he told O was a guy thing which was meant to be confidential. I however thnk dts BS!. Also, Mc and i are no longer on speaking terms so to say 'cos there's a bit of tension when we're around each other. This could mean the end of Mc and I's friendship but the funny thing is that i couldn't care less. Maybe its 'cos i think he should be a bigger person nd forget about what O told me. Afterall, cousin did the same to me and i've forgotten about it(psyche)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol... roundabout drama.. i guess it'll figure itself out in the end somehow.. keep ur head up mama