Saturday 6 December 2008

Every disappointment....

Right now, i'm so stressed out, my body aches, my eyes are tired;however i can't sleep. Maybe it was because i drank too many energy drinks..who knows?.  But did i have a choice??i think not! Considering that i was up all night with the sole intention of praising my God...

What started out as a great day turned out to be rather disappointing(the work of the devil). In the sense that after having looked forward to going for the Experience 4 a while, the rain just had to come and shorten my joy. 
   
Yesterday, i got to TBS at 3:30pm for the concert which was scheduled to start at 7 in order to beat the traffic and get good seats. Trust all my 9ja people, im sure some of them must have gotten there as early as 10 in the morning b'cos the seats we got were so far back from the stage,one couldn't see anything. So we ended up sitting upstairs on the sides.

The show came up to a slow start but things eventually picked up. Muyiwa Olanrewaju came out first followed by Midnight crew. Dekunle Fuji also performed(rather disappointing). Also, Tye Tribbett, Fred Hammond, Marymary among others followed suit.

Everything was going so well, maybe apart from the fact some of them sang songs that we had never heard before. But then the rain started in full force;before this i saw about 3 or 4 plp who had fainted. Estimately 100 people must have fainted when the rain started(im not exaggeratin), some of which had to be rushed to the hospital. It was so heavy!!!!!!!!!!! plus they were enough shades for everybody so some people ended up standing in the rain for more than an hour. After a while, the lights on the stage were dimmed and no one came out anymore which just led to people's restlessness. Some dudes even took it upon themselves to run around the grounds in circles shouting and singing..Personally, i think they were doing it for the attention.

When they eventually came out on stage(all of them together), most of us were already demoralised having waited for so long. Nobody was willingly eager to sing and dance anymore. I was already burnt b'cos time had been far spent and i hadn't gotten to see Don Moen, Kurt Carr and Donnie Mcclurkin who were my reason for going. 

They sang a few worship songs until the sound system started acting up. This added pepper to our already sore wounds..lol. It wasn't even funny. I can't say i blame them tho', they probably hadn't envisaged that rain could fall. The artists tried their best to sing regardless but it just started sounding off point. I guess the organisers realised that was their cue to end the show. Before i could say jack, the MC had begun saying the vote of thanks. And with that, we were all on our way back to our respective homes after a longggggg ass night.

I think i've tried for now,i summarised it in the best possible way i could..my eyes are beginning to shut. However i cnt seem to get this one song out of my head so ive decided to sing(well only the chorus) in my best possible voice for y'all,u culd join me as wel..lol
   *singing*I want to be where You are,
               dwelling in Your presence
               Feasting at Your table,
               surrounded by Your glory
               In Your presence,
               that's where I always want to be
               I just want to be,
               I just want to be with You
Did i say one song??, i meant two.This song absolutely uplifts my spirit everytime..
*singing again*       How great is our God, 
                                   sing with me
                                   How great is our God,
                                   and all will see 
                                   How great, How great
                                   Is our 
God
                                   Name above all names
                                   You are Worthy of all Praise
                                   and My heart will sing how great,
                                   Is our God (2x)


                                               
                                       
                            
       

No comments: